Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Barrell Rolls



I have to admit I am quite a talented dog if I do say so myself. I have perfected the art of sit, stay, act like a bear, head down and my parents personal favorite...leave it. However, one of the more advanced tricks I have yet to perform for them is to roll over on command. It's not that I can't; I'm perfectly capable of rolling over but it seems silly to me. Unless I have an itch on my back or I'm sleeping I see no point in performing the trick. The other day my little sister decided to one-up me and started doing barrel rolls on the floor. I watched in amazement as my parents yelled with excitement while she huffed and puffed like an out of shape dog trying desperately to reach her goal of grabbing her toy. I had to chuckle; here she was doing all this work and not even getting rewarded with food?! What fun is that? And why were they getting so excited anyways? They never get that excited when I do a trick. I even tried to help her out since it was clear she was struggling and attempted to relocate her toy closer to her hands; my parents were not impressed. Maybe I'll surprise everyone and bust out a few new tricks like "fetch the baby” and "guard the baby" and really impress them...that should guarantee me treats AND a toy...

No comments:

Post a Comment