Friday, January 11, 2013

Change is Good...Right?



So it's the beginning of a new year and per usual I've been hard at work outlining my goals and objectives to in order to expand my pack. One of the biggest obstacles that I'm still trying to come to terms with is the impending arrival of my new sister. As most of you know I'm allergic to all forms of change in my daily routine. My parents have been hard at work over the past 9 months introducing me to new sights, smells and above all rules intended to make my life easier when she comes home. I don’t know if any of you have had the pleasure of welcoming a baby into your house but I have to say I'm very anxious about this change; I mean where do I begin?? Do I immediately enroll her in The Paw Pack Puppy Program, throw her into playgroups and hope she can learn by example? It worked for all my puppy friends and took a lot less pressure off of my job. Do I have to share my toys and treats? I'll admit she seems to have quite the stockpile of treats in her room; I might have to swap out some of my used ones for hers before she arrives...I'm sure no one will notice. Will I have to be her dog nanny 24/7? For my friends who can't be off leash my mom simply hooks their leash to my collar and we walk together...I suppose that could work except I'm not sure if she'll arrive with her walking skills intact. What if she doesn't want to eat and sleep on my schedule? I get super cranky when my feeding schedule is off and I shut down all playtime after 7 pm; if she needs evening entertaining my parents are just going to have to step up and help; I mean really...I can't do everything! Most importantly will she be held to the same standards of rules, boundaries and limitations that I have to follow? If she gets her own rulebook then my parents and I are going to have a serious chat about fairness. Well I suppose there's nothing I can do but try and embrace this new change, pray she doesn't take away all the attention from me and hope she realizes that I will always be the boss of her…

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gus! My Golden Retriever Maggie and I were wondering if your baby sister has arrived? If she has CONGRATULATIONS to you and your parents!!! Maggie loved watching your 3 videos! I could tell her favorite video was the one of the Paw Pack Track Team :D As her Mom I would like for Maggie to one day learn how to swim and fetch the stick with you and your friends. I think tho that Maggie would like this but perhaps with a tennis ball at first :D Maggie is "gaga" for her tennis ball! Gus, could you please ask your Mom if Maggie (age 5 years) could join your Paw Pack? You can reach Maggie at this email address bcasaburri@gmail.com Thank you Gus! Sincerely, Maggie and Mom Barbara

    ReplyDelete