Saturday, September 4, 2021

An Oldie But A Goodie


By: Pixie

There comes a time in every pup’s life when they enter into the golden years. For some that means extra naps, glucosamine and soft dog food but for others it’s a time to relive their glory days. I for one think getting older is a bunch of dog wash and I refuse to act my age. It’s become apparent lately that my hikes have been slowly altered so as to not upset my joints and accommodate my “senior status.” Well let me tell you young pups something…no one puts Pixie in the breakdown lane! After weeks of plotting and planning and suffering from some serious FOMO I decided to treat myself to the ultimate adventure! When Flip and Sugar left with their playgroup I moved into full dog stealth mode. I escaped the house and carefully staying out of view I trailed the group. It was all fun and games until I realized I needed to retrace my route and get back without getting caught. Luckily there were some landscapers nearby so I promptly marched up to them, made friends, and in true diva mode hitched a free ride back. Unfortunately I didn’t make it back before my friends discovered I was gone. Naturally they blew up the dog circuit, sent out a search party AND called my mom. Soo unnecessary; these kids just can’t appreciate a good time! Despite having house arrest for the next week it was the best time I’ve had in years and I’m not sorry one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment